To create a certificate, follow these instructions:
- Go to Library → Materials and click on "Add Materials" → Certificate".
- Name your certificate and add a description.
- Set a date for when the certificate should expire. If never, leave empty.
- Set when the expiration notification should be sent out and to whom.
- Select regional formatting.
- We have now come to the fun part! Make your certificate personalized by adding a PDF with dynamic content. For example, add the variable "Name" and place it wherever you want. This will automatically generate the name of the receiving participant. You can also add "project name" as well as Date and instructor name. It is also possible to add a static text block.
- Preview the PDF by clicking "Preview PDF".
- It's now time to add the diploma to a course. Go to the course and the tab "Overview". Under "Awards", click "Attach" and choose your certificate.
When a participant has completed the course, a banner that says "Congratulations, you have completed this course. View your award." will be shown which they can click on to view their award. They can always go back to ”Awards” to find all their diplomas and certificates.