What you need to send to us
- DOMAIN THAT YOUR ACADEMY IS TO BE HOSTED UNDER (e.g. academy.example.com)
If you want to generate yourself the HTTPS certificate, send also:
- HTTPS CERTIFICATE - in PEM (Apache) format
- HTTPS SSL KEY - in PEM (Apache) format and without a password
- INTERMEDIARY CERTIFICATE - in PEM (Apache) format - Only needed for some Certificate Authorities
Please send this information to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
What you need to add on your end
Learnifier is available either on Amazon Web Service on the domain learnifier.com or on ElastX on the domain learnifier.se. If you Learnifier URL (e.g.: customer.learnifier.com) ends with learnifier.com use the values marked with .com; if instead your Learnifier URL ends with learnifier.se use the ones marked with .se.
1) Add a record to you DOMAIN NAME SERVERS (DNS).
- If you are adding a top domain, for example "example.com", then add an A record to "188.8.131.52" (.com) or "184.108.40.206" (.se).
- If you are adding a sub domain, for example "academy.example.com", then add a CNAME for "service.learnifier.com" (.com) or "service.learnifier.se" (.se).
2) If your domain already has an SPF record, then you must add the following SPF mechanism to the existing record.
If you currently don’t have a SPF Record, follow these instructions:
1) Please go to this site to get instructions on how to add a SPF record https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework#Implementation
2) Once you have added your SPF records, then add the following SPF mechanism to the existing record.
3) To improve email security and prevent emails to be marked as spam
We now want all customers that have a custom domain to add DNS records to their name server which you can find in this article.
4) If you want us to generate the Https Certificate for you with Let's Encrypt
Add the following:
academy.example.com. CAA 0 issue "letsencrypt.org"
PLEASE NOTE. Custom Domains are only available for customers on the Professional plan or higher or customers that have ordered this as an ADD-ON.