This text aims to create an understanding of the different ways you can create and edit a course design and which of the different solutions is best to use depending on how you will use the course in the future.
Creating a course
Depending on if you want to create a course design which you will only use one time or if you want to design a course which you will use repeatedly we recommend to use two different ways to this.
How to create a course design which you will use more than once.
When you want to design a course which you will use over and over again we recommend you to create a course design template. This means you only design the course once and can after that use it over and over again in different projects without editing the course in the project.
How to create a course design which you will use once.
However, if you only want to create a course which you will use once it is easier to:
1. Create a project. Read more on how you do that here.
2. Once you have created the project, click on that project and click on the "Edit Design" button. This will take you directly in to the course builder.
Two ways in which you can edit a course design
When you want to change a course design you can do this at two places in Learnifier depending on the situation.
1. Change the course template.
If you have a course design template and you change it, this will affect all future projects which use this template. But it will not affect already existing projects in Learnifier. If you want to add/edit a course for participants who you already has invited to Learnifier you will need to change the course design under that specific project (see below).
How to change a course design template:
1. Go to the client portal's home page.
2. Click on "Library" in the left bar menu and then click on "Course templates".
3. Choose the Course template you want to edit in the list.
4. If the course template is generic you will need to copy and create a new client specific template. But if the template you want to change already is client specific, click on "Edit Course Template". This will take you into the Course Builder.
2. Change the course design in a specific project.
This is the way to go if you only want you change to affect the specific group of participants or project in which you edit the course design.
Here is how you edit a course design in a project:
1. Locate the project containing the course you want to edit.
2. Once you are inside the project, click on the "Course" tab and clink on the "Edit Design" button. This will take you directly in to the course builder.
The course builder interface
After clicking on the "Edit Design" button under the "Course" tab inside your project, this is the page you will see, which is where you design and build your course!