1. Go to the project and the course builder.
2. Open the activity where your event and the component related to it is. For example, one component related to the event in this project (please see the screenshot below) is a survey with reflection questions.
3. Place the mouse over the name of the activity in the left side menu. Click on the three dots and then on "Settings".
4. Choose "Set Complete By date relative to" by clicking on your event in the drop down menu.
5) Add number of days before/after the event when the activity should be completed. If you put "5" days, the participants should be done with the activity 5 days after the event. If you put "-5" days, the participants should be done with the activity 5 days before the event.
6) Save and publish project.
7) Set dates, time and location for the event. Save project details!
Example of how it looks like (for the participants) when the activity should be completed 5 days after the event: